A properly funded startup increases your chances for success!
Talk to an advisor today
Talk to an advisor today and get started on your short- and long-term business plans. Your Axios Ventures advisor is ready to help by meeting with you one-on-one, face-to-face at our office.
Call us today +1.214.347.0589 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
AS SEEN ON WWW.YOUTUBE.COM:
The Axios Angel Network connects early-stage growth companies with accredited investors (see SEC definition of "accredited investor").
Axios Ventures provides access to over 40 Angels locally and over 400 nationally with its relationships with Angel groups/syndicates in New England, Atlanta, and the Bay Area/Reno.
Start-up valuations drop:
Seed-round funding valuations—set as a business prepares to launch, or soon after—dropped nearly 30% in 2013 to nearly $2 million, from $2.7 million in 2012, and less than half of a $4.8 million high set in 2000, according to Dow Jones VentureSource. Likewise, first-round funding valuations fell to $5 million, down 28% from $7 million in 2012 and off 58% from 2000's $12 million.
The most successfully funded companies have:
- completed a "friends & family" seed capital formation round;
- proven revenue model
- addressed/solved an industry shortfall/problem with a product/service that has a defensible competitive advantage, e.g. Intellectual Property or first-mover advantage;
- a solid management team in place
- a scalable product/service capable of exceeding $50MM in sales
The most successful entrepreneurs are able to:
- clearly define what industry "pain" or problem they are solving;
- why no other company has yet solved this "pain"/problem;
- why their company is best suited to solve this "pain"/problem;
- clearly demonstrate HOW they will solve this "pain"/problem;
- clearly provide a most probable exit strategy for investors;
Consulting Services to aid you
Axios Ventures provides optional consulting services to ensure a higher probability of getting your deal funded. These services include, but are not limited to:
- creation of executive summary and "pitch deck"
- proven PowerPoint presentation format
- leading due diligence efforts
- assistance with term sheet and investor relations
- each month we view over 20 applications for Angel funding;
- we invite the top candidates to our monthly screening event;
- the top 3 of those companies are invited further to present at our monthly general member event;
Trying to raise capital? Have a business idea?